Sunday, March 25, 2012

'Snow White and the Huntsman' Gaining Momentum


Snow White & The Huntsman movie poster


'Snow White and the Huntsman' (2012) - Action | Adventure | Drama | Fantasy - June 1, 2012 (in theaters - USA)

In a twist to the fairy tale, the Huntsman ordered to take Snow White into the woods to be killed winds up becoming her protector and mentor in a quest to vanquish the Evil Queen.

Stars: Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron.

Official Movie Trailer: Snow White & The Huntsman
Official Movie Site: Snow White & The Huntsman

TRIVIA:
>Angelina Jolie and Winona Ryder were considered to play Ravenna, the Evil Queen. Charlize Theron won the part.

>Charlize Theron dropped out from 'J. Edgar' to do this movie.

>During filming Kristen Stewart accidentally punched co-star Chris Hemsworth in the face giving him a black eye. 

>Filming began in the United Kingdom in October 2011 and was completed in December 2011 in London, England.

>Kristen Stewart admitted while filming the fight scenes that she had to overcome a fear of horses dating back to a mishap at nine-years-old in which she sustained a fractured elbow.

QUOTE: [from trailer] 
>Queen Ravenna: Do you hear that? It's the sound of battles fought and lives lost. It once pained me to know that I am the cause of such despair. But now their cries give me strength. Beauty is my power. 

QUESTION: WHY DO YOU WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE?
Various ANSWERS from different people: 
>I am interested to see what Kristen Stewart does with this role. 
>The trailer was good. 
>Charlize Theron. 
>Chris Hemsworth. 
>The dwarves. 
>The actors playing the dwarves.
>I love re-tellings of fairy tales, and the twist interests me.
>I really did not care about this movie until I saw the trailer. Now I want to watch it!

~~As do I!

3 comments:

  1. My daughters and I CANNOT wait to see Snow White and the Huntsman! Everything about it looks appealing..the actors/actresses, the story, the action, the new take on Snow White!! I will give you an opinion of what we think after we see it! This is one to see at the theaters!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in seeing Kristen Stewart play her part! Plus I just love this genre! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had barely heard of this movie before. I'm definitely planning to see it now. New spins on fairy tales are always interesting.

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be reviewed before posting. So if you're SPAM - forget it. I'll delete you!