Sunday, June 5, 2011

New Summer Sci-Fi, Paranormal TV Shows Emerging (& a returning one)

Several exciting TV shows falling into the genres of sci-fi, fantasy and paranormal are about to hit the screen for summertime entertainment. Perhaps the withdrawal I experience from the hiatus of my winter season shows will disappear as I begin to watch the following new (& 1 returning) shows:

Falling Skies, series premiere on Sunday, June 19, 9/8c, TNT
Teen Wolf, series premiere on Sunday, June 5, 11/10c, MTV (& replays zillions of times)
        then switches to Mondays, 10/9c
Outcasts, series premiere on Sat., June 18, 9/8c, BBC America
Alphas, series premiere on Monday, July 11, 10/9c, Syfy
Torchwood: Miracle Day, returns on Friday, July 8, 10/9c, Starz.

There are a few other returning summer shows (for example: True Blood!!)...but alas...I don't get HBO. And I'll be able to watch Torchwood only because Dish Network handed out 1 free year of Starz (probably due to the ordeal from last fall with NO FX [& a few other channels] for about a month & this was their way of saying they're sorry). So, I've only listed the ones I'll probably dive into...and  Outcasts is iffy because I read it was canceled after only one 8-episode season in Britain. Seems like that happens A LOT with BBC shows, especially ones I start to watch on Saturday nights & enjoy. When the next season is due to start - they're gone, off the radar, dead, canceled!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before posting. So if you're SPAM - forget it. I'll delete you!