Saturday, August 13, 2011

I miss the "Torchwood" from the past

I am continuing to follow 'Torchwood: Miracle Day' on Starz but it's just not the same as the 'Torchwood' I remember from BBC that dealt more with aliens and supernatural catastrophes. I will watch all of the episodes faithfully to the end. I believe the storyline is interesting although a bit slow and repetitive at times (my husband falls asleep during it - I'm constantly yelling, "Wake up!"). But when I think of 'Torchwood' TV seasons/episodes from the past, what I'm currently watching is NOT 'Torchwood'. For me, this is a completely different show. As I said, it's caught my attention...barely, though. And Captain Jack Harkness definitely doesn't have near as much screen time as one expects him to have! Everyone's acting is acceptable to very good...that's not the problem...but the plot should've been structured with familiar Torchwood themes. I realize viewers need something new and exciting and not the same old crap, but at least keep within the genre, theme, etc. Give us "toys that we want to play with"; not objects that we sit and blankly stare at, wondering what the heck to do with them. Does that make sense?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before posting. So if you're SPAM - forget it. I'll delete you!