Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Being Human" on Syfy

"Being Human" - Syfy

"Being Human" on Syfy premieres Season 2 on Monday, January 16 at 8 central.

Initially when Syfy presented the American version of BBC's "Being Human", I was skeptical. In general, I think it's ridiculous to re-create the same story, same characters, etc. Just watch the original "Being Human" on BBC America! Several other shows have been re-done for an American version, which drives me nutty! But I gave it a shot since the genre is right up my alley. And the American version surprised me by offering subtle changes and more obvious alterations and even keeping some of the more specific traits of the characters. Interesting enough that I watched all of Season 1 and am looking forward to Season 2.

Sam Huntington (Josh) is completely the scene stealer. His acting, facial expressions, lines are perfect. He gets a blue ribbon and a plate of cookies.

I felt that watching the Syfy American version was weird, though. I kept trying to remember how things went in the original show and comparing them or expecting those scenes to play out on Syfy, which was not a good thing. It was super distracting as my husband and I questioned the timeline of events or what was "supposed" to happen next. Plus, we'd either be excited with a new twist as compared to the BBC version or the total opposite - actually feeling cheated that something didn't happen the way we anticipated it. And after watching 3 years of BBC, our brains were confused at times trying to separate the two shows from each other.

Don't take me wrong - I do like Syfy's "Being Human"! But...in choosing my favorite between the Syfy and the BBC version, I still prefer the original BBC version of "Being Human". I am worried about its survival  - after all, unless I've lost my mind, which is quite possible, didn't Mitchell get killed off in the season finale? Nooooo (still weeping from such a horrible outcome)!!!

Here's some "Being Human" - Syfy - links for the new trailers (showing full links so you can see where you're "going"):
http://video.syfy.com/shows/being_human/promos_trailers_21/epic-buzzkill--being-human/v1368448

http://video.syfy.com/shows/being_human/promos_trailers_21/temptation-is-a-beast--being-human/v1359646

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before posting. So if you're SPAM - forget it. I'll delete you!