Tuesday, September 27, 2011

'Terra Nova' premiere kicks butt!

'Terra Nova' -- Centers on the Shannons, an ordinary family from 2149 when the planet is dying who are transported back 85 million years to prehistoric Earth where they join Terra Nova, a colony of humans with a second chance to build a civilization.

I loved it. Checking several sites on the internet, I found people were all over the board from loving it, hating it, middle of the road. I realize all new shows won't "do it" for everyone who watches, but I sat mesmerized from the very first second through two hours of jam-packed action and story-telling. The special effects were outstanding and made me feel like I was watching a movie. In fact, everything about it felt like a movie.

The action and adventure kept you on your toes. The acting was great, the plot moved quickly, explanations were spelled out and yet left enough mystery and unanswered questions to make you go, "hmm...". The show is clearly making the threats (example: dinosaurs) real and deadly and not baby-fying it but showing people being killed. Huge mysteries sucked me in pertaining to the rock drawings, time travel itself and a different time line, the hidden agenda with a bad-boy colony, living amongst dinosaurs, and how the focal family deals with their new life.

At Internet Movie Database (www.imdb.com), at the time of this post, 521 users voted, giving 'Terra Nova' a rating of 8.8 out of a 10. That's impressive!

I will definitely continue watching it. The cost to make this series is huge and I hope it does well with ratings or it will be on the chopping block. Not everything is for everyone, but this show is something out of the ordinary and for anyone loving sci-fi, action-adventure and toss in a few dinos, it's one not to miss! It appears FOX will be re-playing it Saturday night. Check your local listings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before posting. So if you're SPAM - forget it. I'll delete you!