Tuesday, October 4, 2011

'American Horror Story' - Anticipating the Creepiness

I am so psyched for this new show - 'American Horror Story' - to premiere! Tune in to FX on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 9:00 CENTRAL (my time).

Here's the official website:
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/ahs/

Guess what? I just clicked on the link at the official website "About the Show" and I received an error message saying the site was too busy!! To check back later!! Does THAT tell you anything about the audience chomping at the bit to learn more about the show?!

Here's what the synopsis says:
American Horror Story revolves around the Harmons, a family of three who moved from Boston to Los Angeles as a means to reconcile past anguish. The all-star cast features Dylan McDermott as “Ben Harmon,” a psychiatrist; Connie Britton as “Vivien Harmon,” Ben’s wife; Taissa Farmiga as “Violet,” the Harmon’s teenage daughter; Jessica Lange in her first-ever regular series TV role as “Constance,” the Harmon’s neighbor; Evan Peters plays “Tate Langdon,” one of Ben’s patients; and Denis O’Hare as “Larry Harvey.” Guest stars for the series include Frances Conroy as the Harmon’s housekeeper; Alexandra Breckenridge as the Harmon’s housekeeper; and Jamie Brewer as Constance’s daughter.

The television previews first captured my attention a few months ago. At the time I had decided I already had too many other new shows (& returning shows) to watch for the fall/winter season. But seeing those previews/trailers over and over lured me in big time. Then I found myself reading about the show on the internet...then hearing early screening reviews announcing that the show was outstanding and a must-see finally had me hooked!

From what I understand, it is meant to creep you out, to shock you. After all, it IS titled 'American Horror Story'. Obviously this isn't everyone's cup of tea. I think it WILL be something different from other shows offered...kind of like a horror movie made into smaller segments for TV. One of the producers/creators commented how he liked the movies 'Halloween', 'Rosemary's Baby' and 'The Shining' and those movies have an influence on his style in creating the show. It definitely seems like it will be playing on viewer's emotions and giving them that spooky scary feeling while watching. Cool! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before posting. So if you're SPAM - forget it. I'll delete you!